Mushroom extraction steps
- Whole dried mushrooms are chopped into pieces
- Mushroom pieces are placed into a large stainless steel pressure vessel and cooked in hot water for 2-3 hours at 80 degrees C. This process is carried out 1-3 times, the fluid collected from each process is combined when this processing step is finished.
- Note: Some extracts are cooked with ethanol at 75 degrees C for 3 hours prior to water extraction.
- The liquid is centrifuged and the fibrous mushroom residues are separated. The liquid is filtered.
- The liquid is placed under vacuum and concentrated at 55 degrees C for approximately 2 hours.
- The concentrated liquid is delivered to a spray drier at a temperature of approximately 180 - 200 degrees C for a duration of 0.5-1 seconds.
- A sample of the powdered extract is removed for quality control testing
- The powdered extract is packaged and sealed in plastic bags.
Certified true and correct, and made possible by our partner
North American Medicinal Mushroom Extracts